Maximize Your Membership!
While your business will receive a return on investment simply by being a member of the Chamber, you can reap significantly more advantages from active participation with Promotional and Networking Opportunities.
The Chamber prides itself on its promotion of its members through its online business directory & website, weekly email announcements and monthly “Spotlight” newsletter, in addition to providing booth space for promotional materials and giveaways for Chamber members at the Memorial Day Festival and the Falls Church Festival.
There are additional Sponsorship Opportunities at the Annual Awards Gala and the Mini-Golf Family Fun Night. Please see the Sponsorship page for more information.
Tips for Enhancing Promotion
- Keep your online Chamber business directory listing and member page up to date.
- Post your business’ events to the Chamber’s online events calendar, which automatically includes them in the weekly e-newsletter, and pushes to the Chamber’s social media.
- Include store coupons and special offers on the Chamber’s website either as a “Member-to-Member” discount or a “Hot Deal” to the general public.
- Make sure the Chamber has been added to your press, customer and/or newsletter distribution list(s).
- Email the Chamber about any specific information you want shared in Chamber publications or emails.
- Join our FC Chamber Facebook member group to post events and questions, and LIKE the Falls Church Chamber of Commerce Facebook page to receive updates. Tag the chamber if you want your businesses Facebook post shared on the Chamber page.
- Forward the Chamber’s publications to associates, clients, vendors and encourage them to sign up for the email announcements “News from the Chamber”.
- Add the Chamber’s logo to your website and/or promotional materials.
- Display the Chamber membership sticker on your front door/window.
The Chamber provides at least three networking opportunities each month along with additional events throughout the year.
- Networking Breakfasts are an informal way to meet and engage with other current and prospective members.
- Networking Luncheons enable members to introduce themselves and their business to fellow attendees in a formal setting.
- Networking Mixers provide a more informal networking opportunity while allowing the Mixer hosts the opportunity to formally introduce their business to attendees.
Additional yearly events provide the chance to introduce your family and friends to your fellow business leaders’ families and friends. Chamber events provide access to potential business partners, customers and sales people as members promote one another in their regular course of business.
Networking Tips and Suggestions
- Mark your calendar for breakfasts on the second Tuesday, lunches on the 3rd Tuesday of each month and for Mixers on the 4th Tuesday of each month, and invite staff to attend with you or on their own.
- Invite business colleagues, associates, customers, and/or potential clients to events.
- Bring brochures, flyers or promotional materials to distribute at Luncheons.
- Carry business cards on you at all times.
- Consider hosting a Networking Mixer thereby inviting fellow members into your place of business. Find more information about hosting a mixer HERE.