Maximize Your Membership!
While your business will receive a return on investment simply by being a member of the Chamber, you can reap significantly more advantages from active participation. In addition to the benefits realized passively through referrals and affiliation with the Chamber, active involvement can secure significantly more benefits to your business through Chamber promotion and networking.
Promotional Opportunities – The Chamber prides itself on its promotion of its members through its online business directory & website, weekly email announcements and monthly “Spotlight” newsletter. Promotion in all of these vehicles is free with your membership. There is no limit on your postings providing the information regarding your business and/or any promotions is timely and relevant to recipients. In effect, it is free, unlimited advertising for your business. You can also provide materials and giveaways for the Chamber booth at the Memorial Day Festival and the Taste of Falls Church/Fall Festival. There are additional sponsorship opportunities at the Annual Awards Gala and the Mini-Golf Family Fun Night. Please see the Sponsorship page for more information.
Networking Opportunities – The Chamber provides at least three networking opportunities each month along with additional events throughout the year. Networking Breakfasts are an informal way to meet and engage with other current and prospective members. Networking Luncheons enable members to introduce themselves and their business to fellow attendees in a formal setting. Networking Mixers provide a more informal networking opportunity while allowing the Mixer hosts the opportunity to formally introduce their business to attendees. Additional yearly events provide the chance to introduce your family and friends to your fellow business leaders’ families and friends, In addition to these networking events, the Falls Church Chamber is also proud to be a sponsor of the Regional Women’s Circle of Influence, which hosts breakfasts in even months, in partnership several other local chambers. Chamber events provide access to potential business partners, customers and sales people as members promote one another in their regular course of business.
Below is a check-list to help you take advantage of the benefits available:
- Keep your online Chamber business directory listing and member page up to date.
- Post your business’ events to the Chamber’s online events calendar.
- Include store coupons and special offers on the Chamber’s website either as a “Member-to-Member” discount or a “Hot Deal” to the general public.
- Make sure the Chamber has been added to your press, customer and/or newsletter distribution list(s).
- Email the Chamber about any specific information you want shared in Chamber publications or emails.
- Join our FC Chamber member group to post events and questions, and LIKE the Falls Church Chamber of Commerce Facebook page to receive updates. Tag the chamber if you want your businesses Facebook post shared on the Chamber page.
- Forward the Chamber’s publications to associates, clients, vendors and encourage them to sign up for the email announcements “News from the Chamber”.
- Add the Chamber’s logo to your website and/or promotional materials.
- Display the Chamber membership sticker on your front door/window.
- Schedule Chamber events as you would any other meeting – mark your calendar for breakfasts on the second Tuesday, lunches on the 3rd Tuesday of each month and for Mixers on the 4th Tuesday of each month, and invite staff to attend with you or on their own.
- Invite business colleagues, associates, customers, and/or potential clients to events.
- Bring brochures, flyers or promotional materials to distribute at Luncheons.
- Carry business cards on you at all times.
- Consider hosting a Networking Mixer thereby inviting fellow members into your place of business. Find more information about hosting a mixer HERE.
Orientation Presentation 2017
Chamber orientations are held the first Tuesday every other month. If you are considering a membership with the Falls Church Chamber of Commerce and do not have room in your schedule to attend an orientation, we have provided it here. This is also a great resource for those who would like a refresher on membership. Click on the link below to review the presentation, and let us know if you have any questions. You may email Sally Cole or Cathy Soltys,
or call 703-532-1050.