Chamber News and Events
July 15, 2019Chamber News & Events
Please note that everything underlined is a link to more information.Networking Luncheon - Tues, July 16, 11:30 - 1:00, Italian Cafe. This lunch will focus on networking and getting to know the Chamber better with a trivia contest! Click the link above for more info about the luncheon and to register.Networking Mixer - Tues, July 23, 5:30 - 7 pm. Advantage Trainers is hosting this month's mixer where we will be able to sample a new meal delivery option in our community. Join us to try it out and check out the gym and personal training studio! Feel free to wear workout attire if you would rather sweat than network! Click the link for the address.
Member News & Events
Please note that everything underlined is a link to more information.Mad Fox Brewing Company - As announced last week, Mad Fox Brewing Company is closing and its last day open will be Sunday, July 21. Mad Fox has been a long time Chamber and community supporter through donations to auctions, participation in promotions, and the hosting of events. Additionally, Bill Madden also served on the Chamber Board and its Legislative Committee. Mad Fox's closing is a tremendous loss for our community - p lease patronize Mad Fox when you can, as often as you can, to share your gratitude and well wishes with Bill and his team. And, if you are hiring restaurant staff, let Bill know as he wants to help his staff find employment.Best of Falls Church - Voting is now open for the Falls Church News-Press's annual Best of Falls Church survey! Click on the link above and get your vote on!Staples Back to School Specials - Staples has two back to school special offers now on the Chamber's website! Click on the link and scroll down to see both of them along with Staples small business offer!Fall Semester Registration at NOVA - Fall Semester 2019 classes at the Northern Virginia Community College begin on August 19 with the start of the 16-week and first 8-week sessions. There are 14-week, 12-week, 10-week, and second 8-week sessions that start on different dates. Click here for the schedule, here for the catalog, and here to register.Dine Out for People with Disabilities - Support the Arc of NVA by attending the beach party fundraiser at Clare & don's Beach Shack on Thurs, July 18 from 6 - 9 pm. Live music, raffles, and 10% of food sales will be donated!Botox Flash Sale - One U Aesthetics is offering 10% off Botox on Sat, July 20 from 10 am - noon. Appointments are required! Click the link for more info.Mad Fox's Last Day - The last day of business for Mad Fox Brewing Company is Sun, July 21. Don't miss the chance to say so long to Bill, his team, and their award winnings brews (the beer label is closing too.)Being Mortal Film Free Screening and Discussion - The Center for Spiritual Enlightenment is hosting this event featuring this PBS Frontline documentary on Sun, July 21, 1 - 3 pm. Click the link for more info.Entertainment
Happy Hour, Dining Out, and Food
- VPIS Concerts in the Park
- Falls Church Arts' Contemporary Art of Egypt exhibit
- Creative Cauldron's Cabaret Series
- FC Distillers' Karaoke, Friday Night Live, Open Acoustic Mic Night, and Happy Hour specials
- Trivia Nights at 4P's, Locker Room, and Mad Fox Brewing
- Acoustic Music at Dogwood Tavern and FC Distillers
- Happy Hour pricing at Dogwood Tavern, Falls Church Distillers, Ireland's Four Provinces
- Weekend Brunches at Dogwood Tavern and Ireland's Four Provinces.
- Falls Church Farmers Market on Saturdays and the NOVA Central Farmers Market on Sundays.
- For more weekly restaurant specials, visit Hot Deals.
- Famille Memory Loss Cafe
- Stylish Patina's Chalk Painting Classes
- The Kensington's Parkinson's Communications Club on Wednesdays and Energized Fitness for Parkinson's on Fridays
- The Center for Spiritual Enlightenment's weekly Tuesday Spring Forest Qigong Practice, Wednesday Law of Attraction: Aligning with Source Energy, and Thursday's Unfoldment into Mediumship.
- Quinn's Auction Galleries monthly free appraisal days and Weekly Treasure & Waverly Rare Books Auctions
Event Photos - Visit www.brendasphotos.com to see Brenda Schrier's photos from our luncheons and from the 2018 Gala.
Click on the links to see all of the great offers being made by Chamber members for the general public and members!Members' Only Discounts - Check out the special offers just for Chamber members and their employees from Advantage Trainers, Command Performance, One U Aesthetics, and the Tinner Hill Music Festival.Hot Deals - Click on the link for o ffers available to the general public from Indulge Nail & Spa, Dogwood Tavern, FC Distillers, Mad Fox, and Office Depot.Want your events and special offers posted in our weekly email announcements? Post them to our website and they will be included the week of your event! Need help? Contact Cathy!
School-Business PartnershipsConsider volunteering time at a school near your home or office! Contact one of the following coordinators for details:
- Arlington County - Dawn Willard - 703-228-6003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fairfax County - Jay Garant at 571-423-1209 or email@example.com or, for info about mentoring specifically, contact Shelley Prince at 571-423-4403 or RRPrince@fcps.edu
- Falls Church City - Marybeth Connelly at 703-248-5691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.