Chamber News and Events
December 11, 2017
Chamber News & Events This Month
Please note that everything underlined is a link to more information.
Chamber Board Meeting - Tues, Dec 12, 8 - 9 am, Tax Analysts' 4th floor conference room.
Hanukkah - Hanukkah begins at sundown on Tues, Dec 12. Happy Hanukkah to those who observe!
Informal Networking Breakfast - Thurs, Dec 14, 8 - 9 am, Original Pancake House. Please consider bringing new or gently used coats and new unwrapped toys for OPH to give attendees at their Christmas breakfast for those less fortunate!
Holiday Party - Thurs, Dec 14, 5:30 - 7 pm. In lieu of a mixer this month given the holidays, we encourage everyone to attend the FCNP holiday party - see details under Member News and Events This Week.
Women's Circle Breakfast on Social Media Marketing - Join us and other local chambers and business organizations for this Fri, Dec 15 breakfast event at the Hilton Garden Inn Falls Church featuring Rachel Adler, Digital Media Manager at the Fairfax County EDA, who will share social media best practices and more.
Chamber Networking Luncheon & Annual Report to the Membership - Tues, Dec 19, 11:30 am - 1 pm, Italian Cafe.
Holiday Shopping - Shop local this holiday season and every day! Doing so saves time, gas, and lowers stress! It also generates tax revenue to support our community. Click on the link for more info.
Member News and Events This Week
Watch Night - Sponsorships are available for Falls Church's free festive New Year's Even party organized by Barb Cram! Email Barb for opportunity details. The Watch Night link above provides information on last year's festivities.
Toy and Clothing Drives
- OAR Toy Drive for children of locally incarcerated parents
- Original Pancake House Clothing & Toy Drive for their Annual Christmas Breakfast for those less fortunate
Job Listings - Advon Real Estate and The Locker Room have posted job openings on the Chamber's site. Click above for details.
DMVConnect - The limited service DMV Connect is at the American Legion Post 130 on Mon, Dec 11 and Wed, Dec 13 from 9 - 4 pm.
City Council Reception - A reception will be held for newly elected FC City Council members on Mon, Dec 11 from 6:30 - 7:20 pm in the Dogwood Room at City Hall.
Dine Out Day for Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School - The Locker Room will donate 15% of gross sales to MEH on Wed, Dec 13 from 7 am to 11 pm.
Holiday Beer Tasting - Mad Fox is hosting its Annual Holiday Beer Tasting Event on Wed, Dec 13 from 7 - 10 pm.
FCNP Holiday Party - The Falls Church News-Press annual holiday party will take place Thurs, Dec 14 from 5:30 - 7:30 pm at the Center for Spiritual Enlightenment.
Lions Club Fruit Sale - The FC/Annandale Lions will be at the Annandale Swim & Tennis Club selling fruit Saturday while supplies last!
Wreaths Across America - Join '47, Inc. (the Chamber's young professionals) to lay wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery on Sat, Dec 16.
Two for a Song - Creative Cauldron is offering this evening of storytelling and song on Sun, Dec 17 at 7 pm. For information on Madeline's Christmas performances, click on the Weekly Events link.
Save the Date - A ribbon cutting for CycleBar and a Chamber ride are being scheduled for Thurs, Dec 21 at 6 pm. Mark your calendar - more info coming soon!
Weekly Events - Click on the link to find details on member events happening weekly such as...
- Mad Fox Brewing Company's Tuesday Yappy Hour with Barkley Square
- Mad Fox Brewing Company's Running Club Wednesday evenings
- Parkinson's Communications Club on Wednesdays
- Caregiver Connect at The Kensington on Wednesdays
- Quinn's Weekly Auction Treasure Wednesdays
- Energized Fitness for Parkinson's on Fridays
- Creative Cauldron's production of Madeline's Christmas sponsored by Realtor Gary Hughes.
- Friday Night Meditation Hour at the Center for Spiritual Enlightenment
- Falls Church Farmers Market on Saturdays
- Mosaic's Farmers Market on Sundays
- Brunch at Dogwood Tavern Saturdays and Sundays
- Brunch at Ireland's Four Provinces Sundays - their annual Santa Brunch is scheduled for Sun, Dec 10.
- For weekly restaurant specials, visit Hot Deals.
Click on the links to see all of the great offers being made by Chamber members for the general public and members!
These discounts are available to you and your employees for work or personal use! Feel free to distribute the links or this email to staff and others you think might be interested in Chamber and Chamber member events!
Members' Only Discounts - Check out the special offers just for Chamber members and their employees from Command Performance, Galleria Florist, Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard, and Italian Cafe.
Hot Deals - Click on the link for offers available to the general public from Supercuts, Hilton Garden Inn, FC Distillers, Italian Cafe, Madfox Brewing Company, Dogwood Tavern, and Dogfish Head Alehouse.
Want your events and special offers posted in our weekly email announcements? Post them to our website and they will be included the week of your event! Need help? Contact Cathy!
School-Business PartnershipsConsider volunteering time at a school near your home or office! Contact one of the following coordinators for details:
- Arlington County - Dawn Willard - 703-228-6003 or email@example.com
- Fairfax County - Jay Garant at 571-423-1209 or firstname.lastname@example.org or, for info about mentoring specifically, contact Shelley Prince at 571-423-4403 or RRPrince@fcps.edu
- Falls Church City - Marybeth Connelly at 703-248-5691 or email@example.com.