Chamber News and Events
December 31, 2018
Chamber News & Events
Please note that everything underlined is a link to more information.2019 Board of Directors - The Chamber is pleased and proud to announce its 2019 Board Officers:
Barb Cram of FC Arts, Alan Frank of the Eden Center, and Nate Herndon of Foundation Insurance were elected to the Board. In addition to some of the officers, Brian Creswick of Chartis Federal, John Misleh of JHM Asset Advisers, Steve Rogers, Mosi Shah of Korte Realty, Tung Tu of Tun Tu CPA, and Tanya Walker of The Kensington, were re-elected. A complete board roster is available at www.FallsChurchChamber.org.
- Chair - Barbara Benson, Body Dynamics
- Vice Chair - Emily Jenkins, The Geller Law Group
- Membership - Lisa D'Ambrosio-Irons, John Marshall Bank
- Legislative - Andrew Painter, Walsh Colucci
- Programs - Joe Wetzel, The Young Group
- Communications - Brian DeCelle, Sislers Stone
- Treasurer - Mike Diener, Diener & Associates, CPAs
- Secretary - Gary LaPorta, Commissioner of the Revenue's Office
2019 Meeting Schedule - Chamber meetings are regularly scheduled each month, although there are some exceptions. No matter what your business, networking is a great way to meet new clients, customers, vendors, employees, and sources of referrals! Resolve to do more networking this year and mark your calendar accordingly!
- Chamber Board Meetings - Held the 2nd Tues/month. Next one is Jan 8.
- Networking Breakfasts - Held the 2nd Thurs/month. Next one is Jan 10.
- Networking Luncheon - Held the 3rd Tues/month. Next one is Jan 15.
- Networking Mixer - Held the 4th Tues/month. Next one is Jan 22.
Member News and Events This Week
Please note that everything underlined is a link to more information.Tom Dolan Swim School Now Hiring and Accepting Registrations - Tom Dolan Swim School, opening in early Feb in the Willston II shopping center, is now hiring swim instructors and front desk staff. Ideal candidates will be fun loving people who enjoy working with children - swim experience is not required. Class registration for this new swim school, founded and operated by Olympic gold medalist Tom Dolan, is now open.Tea with Mrs. B's Holiday Manners Camp - Tea with Mrs. B is offering Manners Camps from 9 am - 3 pm on Wed, Jan 2, and Thurs, Jan 3. Camps include high tea with healthy snacks, holiday crafts, play time, and more.New Year's Eve Celebrations
Tea with Mrs. B Manners Camp - Tea with Mrs. B is offering Manners Camps on Wed, Jan 2, Thur, Jan 3, and Fri, Jan 4, from 9 am - 3 pm. Kids will enjoy high tea with healthy snacks, holiday themed crafts, dance, dress up, and a trip to the park, weather permitting.Exposure Photography Exhibit - FC Arts is kicking off this exhibit, which runs through Feb 6, with a meet the artists reception on Sat, Feb 5 at FC Arts Gallery in the Kensington. The event is free, refreshments will be provided.Creative Cauldron's Passport to the World of Music - This annual series of musical performances, sponsored by the Eden Center, kicks off with Patsy Cline Tribute: Six Voices on Sat, Feb 5 and Cecily Salutes DC on Sun, Feb 6 at ArtSpace Falls Church.Immigration Laws and Your Business - Sislers Stone is hosting a workshop on this topic Tues, Jan 8 from 1 - 4 pm at the Hilton Garden Inn. The workshop has been designed to help employers help employees navigate the changing immigration landscape. Click on the link above for details.Weekly & Monthly Events - Click on the link to find details on regularly scheduled member events...Entertainment
- Falls Church Watch Night - 7 pm - midnight, family friendly event with indoor and outdoor activities, free.
- Dogwood Tavern - 9 pm - 1 am, DJ and dancing, free.
- Ireland's Four Provinces - 10 pm - 2 am, DJ, dancing, party favors, champagne toast, free.
- Mad Fox Brewing Company - 9 pm - 1 am, DJ, dancing, appetizer buffet, party favors, midnight toast. $55 per person.
- Audacious Aleworks Board Game Challenge and Trivia
- FC Arts Brushes Exhibit
- FC Distillers' Open Acoustic Mic Night, District Trivia, and Karaoke
- Mad Fox's District Trivia
- Dogwood Tavern's Acoustic music
Happy Hour, Dining Out, and Food
- Mad Fox Brewing Company's Wednesday Evening Run Club
- Mad Fox Brewing Company's Bend & Brew
- Mad Fox Brewing Company's Tuesday Yappy Hour with Barkley Square
- Dogwood Tavern, Ireland's Four Provinces, and Mad Fox Brewing Company's Weekend Brunches
- Farmers Markets in Falls Church and at the Mosaic
- For more weekly restaurant specials, visit Hot Deals.
- Financial Peace University by Columbia
- Famille Memory Loss Cafe
- Stylish Patina's Bring Your Own Piece Chalk Painting Class
- The Kensington's Parkinson's Communications Club on Wednesdays and Energized Fitness for Parkinson's on Fridays
- Friday Night Meditation Hour and Evidential Platform and Public Mediumship Workshops at the Center for Spiritual Enlightenment
- Conte' Monthly Free Bike maintenance Class
Event Photos - Visit www.brendasphotos.com to see Brenda Schrier's photos from our luncheons and from the 2018 Gala.
- Quinn's Auction Galleries Weekly Treasure & Waverly Rare Books Auctions
- OAR's Annual Toy Drive
Click on the links to see all of the great offers being made by Chamber members for the general public and members!
These discounts are available to you and your employees for work or personal use! Feel free to distribute the links or this email to staff and others you think might be interested in Chamber and Chamber member events!
Members' Only Discounts - Check out the special offers just for Chamber members and their employees from Command Performance, Grace Christian Academy, and One U Aesthetics.
Hot Deals - Click on the link for offers available to the general public from Body Dynamics, Cyclebar, Dogwood Tavern, Fairfax County Park Authority, FC Distillers, Mad Fox, and Staples Bailey's Crossroads.
Want your events and special offers posted in our weekly email announcements? Post them to our website and they will be included the week of your event! Need help? Contact Cathy!
School-Business PartnershipsConsider volunteering time at a school near your home or office! Contact one of the following coordinators for details:
- Arlington County - Dawn Willard - 703-228-6003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fairfax County - Jay Garant at 571-423-1209 or email@example.com or, for info about mentoring specifically, contact Shelley Prince at 571-423-4403 or RRPrince@fcps.edu
- Falls Church City - Marybeth Connelly at 703-248-5691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.